So many apps, so little time..
Earlier today we had a great time speaking with Justin Schultz, Kevin Rohling and Prathap Dendi about CI and CD for mobile apps, and what does your mobile phone and the App Store have to do with parking your car or dimming your lights.
- The effect that the app market has on consumer expectations and consequently release processes
- Which is better for mobile CI: cloud or on-premise?
- How is testing different for mobile apps?
- How code signing and App Store publishing affect your development process?
We also touched on some of the most exciting things to happen to mobile development in 2014, and where we think 2015 is heading (also, we debated the question of whether Android users can read :)).
Watch the Replay of the episode:
This episode features:
Justin Schultz – Dir. of Engineering at Luxe Valet, leading development on all product with a particular focus on mobile. Prior, Justin was the Lead Android Engineer for HotelTonight and lead engineer and architect, trainer and Agile coach for companies like Wells Fargo, Dow Jones and NASA. @FunWithJustin | justinschultz.com , publicstaticdroidmain.com
On the Next Episode of Continuous Discussions:
Join us on Tuesday, January 20th, at 10am PST, when we’ll be talking about Continuous Testing and Test Acceleration.
Learn about test-driven development, how to bake quality to your development pipeline, and tips for test acceleration.
This episode will feature:
Parasoft Evangelist, expert in creating secure, defect-free software via Service Virtualization, Cloud/API Testing, and Development Testing.
@CodeCurmudgeon | blog.parasoft.com ; codecurmudgeon.com
Flo is the CTO and co-founder at Codeship, a hosted continuous delivery service. He’s passionate about immutable infrastructure and helping teams build more productive processes.
@flomotlik | flomotlik.me blog.codeship.com
Software engineer for ClassDojo, an Educational Technology start-up in San Francisco. Gregg is interested in open source software, APIs, craftsmanship and Continuous Delivery.
@GreggCaines | caines.ca
Trevor is the Co-founder & chief scientist at @Logentries, log management & analytics made easy. Irish, software engineer. PhD, @UCDDublin alumnus.
@trevparsons | blog.logentries.com/
Continuous Discussions (#c9d9) is a bi-weekly series. See all episodes here.
Latest posts by Sam Fell (see all)
- How Electric Cloud Helps Companies Release Software Faster, and Safer: Watch My Video Interview with TMC.net - December 16, 2016
- Continuous Discussions (#c9d9) Podcast: Episode 59 – Year-End Special: DevOps Trends, Predictions & New Year Resolutions - December 13, 2016
- Continuous Discussions (#c9d9) Podcast: Episode 58 – Standardizing and Scaling DevOps Across the Organization - December 6, 2016