Earlier today we had a great time on #c9d9 talking about some of the strategies and patterns for deploying mission-critical apps at scale.
- What are some of the prerequisites for reliably releasing large-scale web applications?
- How do you ensure zero downtime (and quick recovery if things go wrong..) for mission critical apps?
- What are Blue/Green deployments; Feature-flags; Dark Launches, Canary Deployments and Environment Promotion ?
- What are the differences between the deployment patterns, and what does each mean in terms of your architecture, code base or Operations?
Watch the replay of the episode to learn more.
Watch the Replay of this episode:
This episode features:
James has 10 years experience developing for some of the UK’s biggest companies. Currently working on Live event pages within BBC Sport, he’s deeply passionate about Engineering Excellence and runs regular coding dojo’s across teams at the BBC.
@jmurphyuk @developerangst | devangst.com
@vfarcic | technologyconversations.com
Join us on September 22 to discuss best practices – and stories from the trenches – for implementing Agile in large, complex, organizations.
This episode will feature:
Johanna Rothman helps managers and leaders do reasonable things that work. Author of multiple pragmatic books.
@johannarothman | www.jrothman.com/blog/mpd
Todd is a Software Executive with extensive Technical and Business experience, transforming organizations and delivering high performing results.
@AppPerfEng | HP Blogs
An active member of the Agile community, Todd Mis an Engagement Manager for Celerity’s Enterprise Technology Solutions, and a Certified ScrumMaster, Product Owner and Scrum Professional.
@todd_miller11 | Celerity Blogs
Continuous Discussions (#c9d9) is a bi-weekly series. See all episodes here.
Latest posts by Sam Fell (see all)
- DevOps Enterprise Summit 2017 top takeaway: Adoption rapidly moving beyond IT - November 22, 2017
- Continuous Discussions (#c9d9) Podcast, Episode 82: Gene Kim and the DOES17 Speakers #5 – The Deployment Age - October 31, 2017
- Join Gary Gruver and Electric Cloud for an Exclusive Workshop for Executives Leading the DevOps Transformation - October 23, 2017