This morning on Continuous Discussions (#c9d9) podcast, we discussed how Value Stream Mapping helps organizations streamline their DevOps adoption — accelerating releases, optimize their pipelines and toolchains, and even transforms their culture.
In the IT value stream, success is all about the left-to-right flow of value to the customer — from development to IT Operations.
- When starting out on your DevOps journey: How can Value Stream Mapping help your DevOps transformation be successful?
- When it’s time to grow: How can it be used to scale DevOps across the organization?
Watch the replay of the episode to learn more –
This episode features:
Focuses on Continuous Delivery, DevOps, and accelerating software releases at Urban Science - a global automotive retail performance expert
But wait, there’s more:
The fun doesn’t stop here!
During today’s episode, we mentioned the talk from Quicken Loans’ Tyler Anderwood at last year’s DevOps Enterprise Summit (DOES16). Check out the recording of the session below to learn how Quicken Loans used Value Stream Mapping, among other tactics, to lead their DevOps transformation.
On another great talk at DOES16, Marc Priolo from Urban Science – who participated in today’s #c9d9 – shared how they used Value Stream Mapping and pipeline modeling to consolidate their processes and release pipelines, in order to create a centralized, on-demand, self-service Pipeline Solutions Catalog.
This initiative resulted in exceptional improvements at Urban Science – across release cadence, number of deployments, and a staggering amount of manual work hours that have been avoided, and could now be put to better use.
Check out his great talk below:
On the next episode of #c9d9:
Episode 64: Microservices & Docker: the PB&J of Modern Application Delivery
I’ve spoken about Microservices and Docker at scale before — and now we want to hear what other smart people have to say!
Join us on March 14 as we discuss the challenges and best practices for Docker and microservices at enterprise scale, patterns for microservices-based architectures, what makes containers such a good fit for microservices, and more.
This episode will feature:
Technology Strategist at Dynatrace. Software Geek & Salsa Dancer
Navigates the tectonic shift towards microservices, APIs, and Cloud-Native architecture.
Continuous Discussions (#c9d9) podcasts air every other Tuesday. See all episodes here.
Latest posts by Anders Wallgren (see all)
- Continuous Discussions (#c9d9) Podcast, Episode 79: Gene Kim and the DOES17 Speakers #2 – The Equifax Breach - October 6, 2017
- How to Expand Your DevOps Initiative Across the Enterprise? Hear from Electric Cloud Customers Speaking at DOES17 - October 3, 2017
- Continuous Discussions (#c9d9) Podcast, Episode 78: Gene Kim and the DOES17 Speakers #1 - September 19, 2017