Best Practices for Docker and Microservices at Scale
As organizations strive to scale their application development and releases to achieve Continuous Delivery, microservices and containers – although challenging – are increasingly considered. While both offer benefits, they are not “one size fits all”, and we see organizations still experimenting with these technologies and design patterns for their specific use cases and environments.
This whitepaper introduces the concepts behind containers and microservices, their challenges and advantages, and explains what to look for when considering a solution.
Read the whitepaper to learn:
- Why do containers and microservices go well together?
- What are the challenges of each, separately, and together?
- What do you need to know in order to take advantage of the benefits they offer?
- What are some best practices and some ‘gotchas’ to be aware of, so you do not drown in the microservices ‘whirlpool’?
- What to consider when seeking a solution for microservices or container orchestration