Iterate and integrate often. Time is money. Requirements are always shifting. Agility is hard to achieve if your builds and tests take a long time or are not automated. Nimble, iterative, and incremental sprints get bogged down without a solid process automation framework in place. Organizations want to automate provisioning, build and release activities and handoffs to eliminate manual errors and wait times, shrinks cycle times and accelerate the feedback loop.
Electric Cloud can help.
Before Electric Cloud
- Slow builds and tests, combined with broken builds, leads to wasted time and effort.
- Build infrastructure is often underutilized, and worse, not available during peak demand.
- Complex, error-prone manual processes introduce risk and unpredictability, and divert attention away from coding.
- Every team has their own non-standard non-compliant and standalone build processes.
- Teams run their own build infrastructure means there is low utilization and no sharing of expensive hardware resources.
- Every team needs a resident expert on each particular tool used in the Agile toolchain.
With Electric Cloud
- Fast, accurate builds and tests accelerate the CI process and eliminate the need for “hot-fix by-passes” and re-work (ElectricAccelerator)
- A centralized build infrastructure optimally shares resources and ensures that builds are consistent for all teams (developers, testers, QA, production).
- Automated processes eliminate errors and manual handoffs, delivering feedback faster.
- Centralized, secure control of the build environment and allows standardized configuration and best-practice process definitions.
- ElectricFlow allows resource pooling to provide scale-out access to keep utilization high and costs low.
- ElectricFlow provides a single Agile automation process integrating hundreds of different Agile tools.