This morning on our Continuous Discussions (#c9d9) podcast, we had a great discussion with a panel of DevOps experts from across almost all aspects of the DevOps Toolchain to discuss… what else… the DevOps Toolchain!
Organizations practicing DevOps and Continuous Delivery quickly realize the value in “leaning-out” their toolchains and operations. However, they also find that “rigid” standardization can kill creativity and innovation. Our friends at DZONE helped bring us together in this panel to dive into some of the challenges and benefits involved in curating and maintaining a healthy DevOps toolchain.
During the podcast, we discussed:
- How mapping the value stream helps teams understand the way tools help them deliver value
- How a healthy toolchain helps to align people and teams
- How the right toolchain enables teams to adapt easily to new tools and architectures.
Prashant Mohan is Product Manager for SmartBear’s software testing tools. He has a passion for building and delivering quality software products to market.
Lee Atchison is the Senior Director, Strategic Architecture at New Relic, where he’s been working for six years as a Principal Engineer and Architect. Lee has 31 years of industry experience, including seven years at AWS and Amazon.com. Lee is the author of the book “Architecting for Scale”, published by O’Reilly Media.
Ian Buchanan is a Developer Advocate at Atlassian, focused on DevOps and the application of Jira, Bitbucket, and Bamboo for better continuous integration and continuous delivery.
Tom Smith is a research analyst and strategist with DZone.com. He shares information to help developers, engineers, and architects learn faster and be more successful.
Ravi is currently a Senior Solutions Engineer at GitHub. When he's not working, he enjoys continuously training for the next LA marathon and spending time with his two boys.
Watch the replay of the episode:
Continuous Discussions (#c9d9) podcasts air monthly (and sometimes more!)
Latest posts by Sam Fell (see all)
- Key Takeaways from Continuous Discussions(#c9d9) Episode 93: 2018 Review and 2019 Predictions - January 3, 2019
- Continuous Discussions (#c9d9) Podcast, Episode 93: 2018 Review and 2019 Predictions - December 11, 2018
- Continuous Discussions (#c9d9) Podcast, Episode 92: All Day DevOps - October 9, 2018