A month has passed and the Electric Cloud team is still celebrating its experiences at DevOps Enterprise Summit London 2018 (DOES18). In fact, we have two awesome videos to share that feature our own Chief Strategy Officer – Wesley Pullen – giving his presentation on stage and a video panel discussion alongside Alan Shimel and our CTO, Anders Wallgren.
As a quick reprise (for those who were unable to attend DOES18 this summer), Anders also wrote an article for TechBeacon recapping the key takeaways from the premier DevOps event. His report includes insights focusing on:
- Sharing ownership and responsibility of the software delivery pipeline (“Treat it like a product”.)
- Collecting metrics around your delivery performance, capturing signals, and focusing on the value and quality of what you deliver.
- Continuously scrutinizing your value streams to incrementally improve over time.
- Building a culture and mindset across the entire organization with one key idea: Disrupt your organization before someone else does.
To get a deeper dive into these ideas and other takeaways, be sure to read the full recap article here.
DOES18 Video Replays
In this video, Wesley Pullen presents how Electric Cloud customer SOMOS is “ Taming the Hybrid Beast with DevOps.” Like most organizations, SOMOS, the organization that manages more than 40 million Toll-Free Numbers (TFN) in the U.S. and Canada, didn’t chose to have a hybrid environment – it happened over time. In order to consistently deploy and release applications to both cloud and the mainframe, the company had to change their operations, as well as their culture. In this presentation, Pullen reviews how SOMOS was able to build their own flavor of DevOps that incorporates mainframe, cloud and microservices – and still allows them keep up with customer demands.
In this video, Wesley sits down with Anders and Alan Shimel of DevOps.com as they discuss the highlights of DOES18 London, the role of value stream teams in the DevOps world, and how agile tools have matured. You can view this video and the full playlist from DevOps TV here.
And, if you haven’t been able to see the other presentations from DOES18 London, check out the recordings of the onstage presentations at the conference as well. You can also view the PowerPoint slides from each presenter here.
We look forward to seeing you all at DevOps Enterprise Summit Las Vegas this October at The Cosmopolitan. As founding partners with Gene Kim and IT Revolution, we remind you to register soon as the event continues to sell out each and every year! We just announced a third round of speakers, as well – including DevOps pioneers from American Express, JP Morgan Chase, Standard Charter Bank, and Walmart – Read the press release, here!
Latest posts by Electric Cloud (see all)
- Webinar Recap: Beyond The Script Apocalypse – Model Driven Pipelines and Testing - September 20, 2018
- Announcing Electric Cloud University - September 18, 2018
- Jenkins User? See what you’ve been missing! - September 17, 2018