If you think that DevOps is only for web apps – think again!
Some of the largest organizations in the world – doing Hardware manufacturing, embedded systems and IoT – are proving the value of DevOps for the delivery of complex physical products that are integrated with software components.
This morning on #c9d9 we talked about DevOps and Continuous Delivery for non-web Applications.
- What are the differences between CD for web-ware and firm-ware?
- What are the challenges and patterns for successfully implementing DevOps for non-web apps?
Watch the replay of the episode:
This episode features:
J. Paul Reed has over 15 years experience in the trenches as a build/release engineer, working with such companies as VMware, Mozilla, Symantec, and Salesforce. He speaks internationally on release engineering, DevOps, operational complexity, and human factors.
@jpaulreed | jpaulreed.com
Author of “Continuous Delivery Pipeline – Where Does It Choke?“.
@JuniTweets | techbeacon.com/contributors/juni-mukherjee
Enabling Enterprise Software for Continuous Everything.
@mdalton323 | autodeploy.net/category/blog/
On the next episode of Continuous Discussions:
This episode will feature:
Continuous Discussions (#c9d9) is a bi-weekly series. See all episodes here.
Latest posts by Anders Wallgren (see all)
- Changing the Game! - April 18, 2019
- Should you use AI to make decisions about your software team? - February 28, 2019
- Continuous Discussions (#c9d9) Podcast, Episode 90: Gene Kim and DOES’18 Speakers - August 21, 2018