It’s not often we get the opportunity to pull together some of the best minds in the software development/delivery community to talk about DevOps and the IT value stream.
But today, DevOps Enterprise Summit speakers and committee members, along with Gene Kim and Electric Cloud, hosted a live social chat – via CrowdChat – that brought the community together to talk all things DevOps.
I had the pleasure of joinnig this great discussion – where we shared practical tips/considerations for accelerating large scale IT transformations, along with best practices to keep in mind as you embark on your own DevOps journey.
With more than 400 posts in just one hour, it’s clear that DevOps is top of mind as the current state of enterprise IT challenges and opportunities continues to unfold.
Some highlights from this morning’s CrowdChat include:
- Gene Kim (@RealGeneKim) asked the most voted/answered question which was: “What do you think is most underappreciated about #DevOps in large, complex organizations?”
- John Willis (@botchagalupe) was voted the CrowdCaptain of the #DOES15 CrowdChat for having the most up-votes to his responses during the conversation
— DOES Summit (@DOESsummit) July 27, 2015
- There were more than 20 subjects explored related to DevOps and IT operations
- John Furrier (@furrier) asked the most questions, and thus, garnered the most responses during the CrowdChat
- Thomas McGonagle (@mcgonagle) was the first to inquire about when the next #DOES15 CrowdChat will take place (we’re working on it, Thomas!)
- Evgeny Zislis asked a thought-provoking question via LinkedIn, which resulted in a very interesting mix of responses about the biggest remaining problems in IT today
While we could go on about this wonderful conversation, we urge you to see for yourself. You can view the entire transcript of the #DOES15 CrowdChat here, and also embedded below for your reading pleasure:
In addition, if you want direct access to an even larger pool of some of the best DevOps practitioners around – be sure to join us at DevOps Enterprise Summit this October in San Francisco. The room block is almost sold out – so be sure to act quickly to secure your conference pass.
Use code GeneKim10 to save 10 off ticket price now.
Latest posts by Sam Fell (see all)
- Webinar Recap: Upskilling: Enterprise DevOps Skills Report Results! - March 5, 2019
- Key Takeaways from Continuous Discussions(#c9d9) Episode 93: 2018 Review and 2019 Predictions - January 3, 2019
- Continuous Discussions (#c9d9) Podcast, Episode 93: 2018 Review and 2019 Predictions - December 11, 2018