The Azure Services Platform (Azure) is an internet-scale cloud services platform hosted in Microsoft data centers, which provides an operating system and a set of developer services that can be used individually or together. Azure’s flexible and interoperable platform can be used to build new applications to run from the cloud or enhance existing applications with cloud-based capabilities. Its open architecture gives developers the choice to build web applications, applications running on connected devices, PCs, servers, or hybrid solutions.
The Azure Services Platform can be used both by applications running in the cloud and by applications running on local systems.
Azure provides an open, standards-based and interoperable environment with support for multiple internet protocols, including HTTP, REST, SOAP, and XML.
- This plugin communicates with Windows Azure through Windows Azure Service Management and Storage Services REST API.
- Using the Service Management API, you can manage your storage accounts and hosted services, your service deployments, and your affinity groups while Storage Services API offer developers a means to access the Blob, Queue, and Table services in Windows Azure or in the development environment.
- The Azure plugin allows users to automate and perform operations on Windows Azure providing a more generic interface for managing deployments.
The plugin interact with Windows Azure APIs and allows you to perform the following tasks:
- Create configuration to hold connection information.
- Create and Delete Hosted Services, Storage Accounts, Containers and Blobs.
- Perform operations on Storage Accounts and Deployments