Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) Manager provides unified, embedded management of all software and hardware components in the Cisco UCS. It controls multiple chassis and manages resources for thousands of virtual machines.
Cisco UCS Manager offers:
- A unified embedded management interface that integrates server, network, and storage access
- Policy and model-based management with service profiles that improves agility and reduces risk
- Autodiscovery to detect, inventory, manage, and provision system components that are added or changed
- A comprehensive open XML API, which facilitates integration with third-party systems management tools
- Role-based administration that builds on existing skills and supports collaboration across disciplines
The Cisco UCS plugin allows users to interact with Cisco UCS Manager XML API. Users can send XML files in order to log-in and retrieve the information they need from the UCS.