Starting and Scaling DevOps in the Enterprise –
a Book by Gary Gruver
This short book is a quick, easy-to-read guide designed to help large enterprises succeed in their DevOps transformation.
It provides a framework that large organizations can use to understand DevOps principles in the context of their current development processes and gain alignment across the organization for successful implementations.
The book illustrates how to analyze your current development and delivery processes to ensure you gain positive momentum by implementing the DevOps practices that will have the greatest immediate impact on the productivity of your organization, with the goal of achieving continuous improvement over time.
Table of content:
- Chapter 1: DevOps and the Deployment Pipeline
- Chapter 2: The Basic Deployment Pipeline
- Chapter 3: Optimizing the Basic Deployment Pipeline
- Chapter 4: Scaling to a Team with Continuous Integration
- Chapter 5: Scaling Beyond a Team
- Chapter 6: Scaling with Loosely Coupled Architectures
- Chapter 7: Documenting the Deployment Pipeline for Tightly Coupled Architectures
- Chapter 8: Optimizing Complex Deployment Pipelines
- Chapter 9: Practices for Tightly versus Loosely Coupled Architectures
- Chapter 10: The Impact of Moving to DevOps in Larger, More Complex Organizations
Download the book:
Gary Gruver - Co-Author of Leading the Transformation, A Practical Approach to Large-Scale Agile Development, and Starting and Scaling DevOps in the Enterprise.