Moving to a microservices architecture using Docker or Rocket promises to provide deployment flexibility, giving organizations the ability to move applications through the lifecycle in a standardized fashion. But building and inventorying microservices containers, knowing what versions are deployed where and understanding the dependencies is hard.
Electric Cloud can help.
Before Electric Cloud
- Manual, error-prone server provisioning and microservices deployments cause friction and slow down delivery.
- Difficulty planning, tracking and communicating environment/microservice version status.
- Tracking and enforcing approvals as well as ensuring compliance with ITIL processes at scale.
- Inability to know “what” is approved to be deployed “where” makes planning and auditing difficult.
With Electric Cloud
- Automated provisioning and application deployments eliminates errors and reduces risk, providing predictability at speed.
- Shared visibility of health and status of multiple releases eliminates blind-spots, keeps the process moving, and provides auditability.
- Approvals gates to control promotion of packages allows auditability without restricting velocity. Integrations with ITSM systems ensures process compliance and visibility.
- UI-based automation and dashboards provide at-a-glance visibility for approvals. “Path-to-production” view shows if what is deployed in an environment is compliant with the release manifest.