Delivering better software faster means performing QA quickly and ensuring environment fidelity across all stages of the application lifecycle. Manual, email- or ticket-based provisioning requests slows down the provisioning workflow and increases cycle time. QA and IT Ops teams want to provision and tear-down appropriate environments on-demand.
Electric Cloud can help.
Before Electric Cloud
- Manual, error-prone server provisioning and application deployments cause friction and slow down delivery.
- QA uses “shadow IT” methods to spool up environments on public clouds like Amazon or Azure. These environments are unmanaged, insecure, and are not de-provisioned, incurring costs.
- QA uses ad-hoc deployment scripts and “whatever hardware they can find” to prop up testing environments which don’t match production.
With Electric Cloud
- Automated provisioning and application deployments eliminates errors and reduces risk, providing predictability at speed.
- Secure, self-service access to application environments and deployments with automated tear-down allows QA teams to increase their pace and conform to IT standards.
- Process and environment fidelity and shared visibility into the end-to-end process gives IT confidence.